Modupé Ozolua receives US President’s Lifetime Achievement Award
Princess Modupé Ozolua, is a Nigeria-American philanthropist and entrepreneur born in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria into the Royal House of the Kingdom of Benin. Princess Ozolua owned her first business in Los Angeles, California at the age of 21 before pioneering cosmetic surgery in Nigeria, West Africa in 2001 at the age of 27yrs.
In 2003, she founded Empower 54, a US 501©3 to non-profit organization which provides humanitarian aid such as health, education, empowerment of women/girls and refugee programs to disadvantaged Africans across the Continent. His Emeritus Archbishop Desmond Tutu was the Patron of Empower 54.
As recognition for over 19years of her lifelong commitment to helping humanity, the Office of the President of the Unites States of America awarded Princess Modupé Ozolua the US President’s Lifetime Achievement Award on February 19th, 2023. She received a certified award certificate and letter from The White House is personally signed by President Joe Biden.
Her passionate contribution to helping humanity for over 19years has earned her numerous recognitions including:
• One of Africa’s leading female entrepreneurs, Elle Magazine, (2015)
• One of 50 African women who shape the African Continent, Elle Magazine, (2016)
• Official Proclamation for service to humanity, City of Atlanta, Georgia, USA (2016)
• Letter Of Commendation for service to humanity from Governor Nathan Deal, Georgia, USA (2016)
• Official Proclamation declaring 10/10/2019 Princess Modupé Ozolua’s day in Houston, Texas, USA (2019)
• Letter Of Commendation from Mayor Sylvester Turner, City of Houston, Texas for Princess Ozolua’s humanitarian activities (2019)
• One of Africa’s 100 Most Inspiring women in Nigeria (2022)